SCA Social 20 Discussions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Save The Slums?

+3
RidersFan
[MARX]Osama Bin Hawking
kittenlover77
7 posters

Go down

Save The Slums? Empty Save The Slums?

Post  kittenlover77 Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:01 am

Will it help the world Prosper?

Last edited by Terrordactel on Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

kittenlover77

Back to top Go down

Save The Slums? Empty Re: Save The Slums?

Post  [MARX]Osama Bin Hawking Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:01 am

No lets stop right now

[MARX]Osama Bin Hawking

Back to top Go down

Post  RidersFan Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:04 am

i agree
RidersFan
RidersFan

Back to top Go down

Post  SanFrancisco Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:00 pm

By no means should we leave people in the slums when they are suffering. Everyone should be given the same oportunities if it's possible. I know that it's extremely unlikely that we could get rid of all the slums, but if we had the opportunity to, but didn't because we thought that leaving it would inspire creativity - that's wrong.

SanFrancisco

Back to top Go down

Post  Mossadegh Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:05 pm

everyone should have the same opportunities? Then our lifestyles would go down the drain. Ever heard of ecological footprints? if people in the slums started living the "good life" the earth would run out of resources to sustain us. Slums make it possible for a tiny fraction of the world to prosper.

Mossadegh

Back to top Go down

Post  Nyx Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:36 pm

Well if we're talking about ecological footprints, a large portion of CO2 pollution comes from Sub-saharan Africa. Why? Because they can't afford electricity and use wood-burning fires to keep warm. Hence, CO2... If they were provided with, say, a nuclear power plant or something (sort of an equal opportunity), it would decrease their ecological footprint... right? So in this case, saving the slums would not only help the environment, it would probably help the African people too...
Nyx
Nyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Plato Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:48 pm

yes but 98% of CO2 is made by the developed world (yes i am inculeding china) and we would need alot more earths if you want equality start by setting an example if not don't use initainable ideals as an argument. the world on a whole needs change who will steer our corse will the strong continue to rule will we try to change other countries to be more like us if we made the world like us i pray i die before such evil is unleashed for the we would war constantly.
Plato
Plato

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum