SCA Social 20 Discussions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think Quebec should be their own country?

+4
Plato
Mossadegh
kittenlover77
RidersFan
8 posters

Go down

Do you think Quebec should be their own country? Empty Do you think Quebec should be their own country?

Post  RidersFan Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:02 am

Qubec wants to being there own country and spererate from canada? do you think they should?

Last edited by Reece on Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
RidersFan
RidersFan

Back to top Go down

Do you think Quebec should be their own country? Empty Re: Do you think Quebec should be their own country?

Post  kittenlover77 Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:03 am

MAybe Their* ?

kittenlover77

Back to top Go down

Do you think Quebec should be their own country? Empty Re: Do you think Quebec should be their own country?

Post  Mossadegh Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:03 am

do you know anyone from quebec who wants this?

Mossadegh

Back to top Go down

Post  RidersFan Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:07 am

actually i dont but alot of people in qubec have been fighting about this topic for a long time
RidersFan
RidersFan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mossadegh Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:08 am

find examples. Post news stories. just actually material. im sick of this rhetorical crap. use facts. or else you have a hollow argument.

Mossadegh

Back to top Go down

Post  kittenlover77 Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:08 am

**Quebec?

kittenlover77

Back to top Go down

Post  RidersFan Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:11 am

RidersFan
RidersFan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mossadegh Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:12 am

we all know spelling mistakes happen. Don't correct every single one...

Mossadegh

Back to top Go down

Post  Plato Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:17 am

they would ow us so much money
Plato
Plato

Back to top Go down

Post  Mossadegh Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:19 am

Wow, maybe post a legitimate news source. Not some french guy in his basement posting propaganda. That stuff us useless.

Mossadegh

Back to top Go down

Post  DefconRed Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:12 pm

Try finding a news article about this in like the Globe and Mail or any other major newspaper
DefconRed
DefconRed

Back to top Go down

Do you think Quebec should be their own country? Empty Quebec, its own counrty?

Post  NoBrand Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:08 pm

Well, Quebec is like the little kind in the family who whines to much, and always wants what the older kids (Ontario) has. Don't get me wrong, French people aren't like that personally, but it is to be expected from a place that's so different from the rest of Canada. Maybe they would be better off as another country; maybe they would be more prosperous if they didn't have to worry about restrictions that are on them as a country. I don't think Canada would be worse off...soooo, why not let them just do it? I say, if they want to, all power to them. But, the question of, IS it going to ever happen?, is a different matter all together. No
NoBrand
NoBrand

Back to top Go down

Post  Plato Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:34 pm

you realy think they could thrive as nation for some reason i doubt it plus who would get parlament
Plato
Plato

Back to top Go down

Do you think Quebec should be their own country? Empty Quebec should not be a country.

Post  happy_bunny404 Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:24 pm

If Quebec became a country, it could majorly disrupt economy and, for example, imagine how much new paperwork would be associated with planes and flying in and out of this newfound "country". The bloc Quebecois will hopefully never succeed in disturbing the makeup of Canada. What would be the point of destroying our culturalism and bilingualism?
happy_bunny404
happy_bunny404

Back to top Go down

Post  Nyx Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:12 pm

Definitely. A huge issue is that Quebec controls a major part of the St. Lawrence River. if they became their own seperate country, they could technically charge us for shipping goods up and down the river. this would have a fairly large impact on our economy, I think.
Nyx
Nyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Mossadegh Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:53 pm

happy_bunny404 wrote:If Quebec became a country, it could majorly disrupt economy and, for example, imagine how much new paperwork would be associated with planes and flying in and out of this newfound "country". The bloc Quebecois will hopefully never succeed in disturbing the makeup of Canada. What would be the point of destroying our culturalism and bilingualism?

you know that we kind of had to create that "bilingualism" as a result of their rights being threatened. We did it to appease them. Since none of you are french and you all live in white, rich, sherwood park, you have no idea what it is like to be oppressed. The bloc would gladly break off from canada simply because they want more freedom to express their culture without having to worry about the english majority. that would be "the point"

Mossadegh

Back to top Go down

Post  Nyx Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:04 am

Duly noted. However, I believe that the relationship between Quebec and the rest of Canada is mutually beneficial. They enrich our culture with French, vary our heritage, provide us with the St. Lawrence River, etc. Canada supports Quebec financially, and, for the most part, appeases Quebec's demands. Although being a seperate country may help them express their French heritage, I think that staying a part of Canada is, for the most part, wise.
Nyx
Nyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Mossadegh Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:07 am

Which is probably why they haven't separated.

Mossadegh

Back to top Go down

Post  DefconRed Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:05 pm

Canada will never let Quebec come it's own country for one simple reason, theirs too much economical value that canada will lose.
DefconRed
DefconRed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down