SCA Social 20 Discussions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should health care be provided to illegal immigrants?

+10
HannibalRoosevelt
Mr. Anderson
Bumble Bee
Nyx
[MARX]Osama Bin Hawking
[MARX] Saddam Shakespeare
*Nutella is yummy*
DefconRed
Mossadegh
14 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Should health care be provided to illegal immigrants? Empty Re: Should health care be provided to illegal immigrants?

Post  DefconRed Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:57 pm

Nothing should be provided for illegals since there are not supposed to be living in our country. Sorry if it sounds harsh but thats my take on it
DefconRed
DefconRed

Back to top Go down

Should health care be provided to illegal immigrants? Empty Re: Should health care be provided to illegal immigrants?

Post  *Nutella is yummy* Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:34 pm

i definitely do not agree with you! like first of all they are illegal because they want better conditions of life that they don’t get in their country. We are actually lucky to live in a country like this and not to be like hiding from the government cuz they are gonna take you to jail or worse. Making things legal takes a really long time and they just don’t have the time to wait cuz their lives sometimes are being threaten. giving them health care is good cuz they are just like you and you need it and its a way to kind of support them. You cant judge them because you don’t know what its like and what they are going through so be more considerate

*Nutella is yummy*

Back to top Go down

Post  DefconRed Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:04 pm

*Nutella is yummy* wrote:i definitely do not agree with you! like first of all they are illegal because they want better conditions of life that they don’t get in their country. We are actually lucky to live in a country like this and not to be like hiding from the government cuz they are gonna take you to jail or worse. Making things legal takes a really long time and they just don’t have the time to wait cuz their lives sometimes are being threaten. giving them health care is good cuz they are just like you and you need it and its a way to kind of support them. You cant judge them because you don’t know what its like and what they are going through so be more considerate

Interesting point but however think of it from the governments perspective. The government tries to illegal immigrates out of the country, hence why there "illegal". Having the government set up a special health care system for "illegal" people would be like them having marijuana illegal (which it is) and then having a special place that is run by the government (not just some back alley drug dealer) to buy it for cheap. As much as i would like to help out people, i just dont think its sending the right message
DefconRed
DefconRed

Back to top Go down

Post  [MARX] Saddam Shakespeare Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:53 pm

we should lure them out of hiding by providing health care, and then catching and deporting them.

Back to top Go down

Post  *Nutella is yummy* Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:02 am

are you serious??
Id actually like to see you being an illegal immigrant and going through all that stuff

*Nutella is yummy*

Back to top Go down

Post  [MARX] Saddam Shakespeare Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:03 am

....what kind of irrelevant crap are you going on about?

Back to top Go down

Post  DefconRed Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:07 am

*Nutella is yummy* wrote:are you serious??
Id actually like to see you being an illegal immigrant and going through all that stuff

Personal much? But no i just feel the message the government would be sending wouldn't be a good one
DefconRed
DefconRed

Back to top Go down

Post  *Nutella is yummy* Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:13 am

its not personal its just i see it from their point of view you know what i mean?

*Nutella is yummy*

Back to top Go down

Post  Mossadegh Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:15 am

you see it from their point of view? really!?

real empathy is impossible.

Mossadegh

Back to top Go down

Post  [MARX] Saddam Shakespeare Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:16 am

that is ridiculous though, if they are living as fugitives they should not be provided health care.

Back to top Go down

Post  DefconRed Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:16 am

[MARX] Saddam Shakespeare wrote:that is ridiculous though, if they are living as fugitives they should not be provided health care.

Exactly, if they were refugees it would be a different story
DefconRed
DefconRed

Back to top Go down

Post  [MARX]Osama Bin Hawking Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:17 am

sin is still sin no matter how you look at it.

[MARX]Osama Bin Hawking

Back to top Go down

Post  [MARX] Saddam Shakespeare Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:18 am

you should definately stop trying to change the subject...

Back to top Go down

Post  <username> Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:33 pm

umm obviously if they're illegal obviously they dont deserve any rights, ship them elsewhere.

<username>

Back to top Go down

Post  [MARX] Saddam Shakespeare Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:35 pm

agreed, that is why we should lure them into hospitals by saying that we have free health care, and then trapping them in nets and sending them abroad, to like siberia

Back to top Go down

Post  <username> Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:37 pm

what should we use to lure??

<username>

Back to top Go down

Post  [MARX] Saddam Shakespeare Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:38 pm

health care. tell them we will treat them. then catch them. You are aware of what this topic is about right?

Back to top Go down

Post  Nyx Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:41 pm

I don't think it's right to have illegal immigrants, but at the same time, it's definitely not right to lure them with free health care and deport them. Maybe we can come up with a compromise?
Nyx
Nyx

Back to top Go down

Post  [MARX] Saddam Shakespeare Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:44 pm

I don't think its fair they're in mah country!

Back to top Go down

Post  *Nutella is yummy* Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:24 pm

you kidding me right? lure them cath 'em and deport them??
what kind of person are you? like honestly
why would you do something like that?

*Nutella is yummy*

Back to top Go down

Post  Bumble Bee Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:35 pm

It is so easy for people to say what should happen but its not always that simple. You guys might think that its all funny to sit around and joke about this stuff but it is actually a serious matter. Most of the illegal immigrants that come here have no were else to go. A lot of them are trying to get away from their war torn country. Plus they do the jobs that no one else would even think about doing. I think that there should be an easy and fast and relatively cheap way for the illegal immigrants to become legal. They just want a new start. Who are we to deprive them of that???????

Bumble Bee

Back to top Go down

Post  Nyx Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:41 pm

*Nutella is yummy* wrote:you kidding me right? lure them cath 'em and deport them??
what kind of person are you? like honestly
why would you do something like that?
No personal attacks...
Illegal immigration is definitely a problem we have to deal with, here in Canada. in my opinion, though, i guess it's sometimes the only option people have. most people immigrate because of two main reasons: economics and politics. sometimes people immigrate (from mexico, for example) because they can't find work or make a living for themselves. they could also immigrate for political reasons, the ruler is a dictator and is making poor decisions, etc. like i said before, sometimes the only option they have in order to survive is to immigrate illegally. regardless of how much it "inconveniences" us, it's nothing compared to what they went through in their home.
Nyx
Nyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Anderson Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:53 pm

Of course they should be provided health care. They are citizens of Canada, and should be treated as such.
Mr. Anderson
Mr. Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Nyx Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:59 pm

Mr. Anderson wrote:Of course they should be provided health care. They are citizens of Canada, and should be treated as such.
mm they're not really canadian citizens, they are here illegally. i'm just saying we should bear in mind when discussing issues like this that they've been through a lot and deserve respect. we shouldn't just fire off judgements about their situation, but try to give them a chance.
Nyx
Nyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next