SCA Social 20 Discussions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation of Online Giving Opportunity

4 posters

Go down

Creation of Online Giving Opportunity Empty Creation of Online Giving Opportunity

Post  Admin Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:48 am

people involved in social 20...

i had a new idea and i wanted some feedback before i implement my thought. you may add, delete or modify my idea in order to bring small meaningful changes to our world. this organization named KIVA donates money to small entrepreneurs and allows them to pay back the money over a given period of time. i would gladly create a 'social 20 account' if the class is interested in donating money. i can collect it and then we can choose a class/classes what individual we want to support. my guess, it will be about a dollar a person (or more if we wish). what are your thoughts regarding this proposal?

you may visit the site at: www.kiva.org. i will probably be spending some time dealing with this in part 3 of the course but i wanted to give you a chance to read, think and consider this initiative beforehand.

happy foruming,
byk

Admin
Admin

https://scasocial20.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Creation of Online Giving Opportunity Empty Re: Creation of Online Giving Opportunity

Post  geckoluvr Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:43 pm

IMO this makes alot more sense than putting money in for coffee pot. The long term outcomes will be alot more beneficial. This idea is unique and sounds quite intriguing. As a social class it makes sense to do something that will impact the world that we're studying.
geckoluvr
geckoluvr

Back to top Go down

Creation of Online Giving Opportunity Empty Re: Creation of Online Giving Opportunity

Post  Cinderella Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:07 pm

I think it's a good idea, and doesn't require a ton of effort. It would be neat to see how much a relatively small amount of money can benefit someone on KIVA.

Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post  [MARX] Saddam Shakespeare Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:12 pm

geckoluvr wrote:IMO this makes alot more sense than putting money in for coffee pot. The long term outcomes will be alot more beneficial. This idea is unique and sounds quite intriguing. As a social class it makes sense to do something that will impact the world that we're studying.

Arguably.

[MARX] Saddam Shakespeare

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum